SAP HANA combines database, data processing, and application platform capabilities in-memory. The platform provides libraries for predictive, planning, text processing, spatial, and business analytics.
This new architecture enables converged OLTP and OLAP data processing within a single in-memory column-based data store with ACID compliance, while eliminating data redundancy and latency. By providing advanced capabilities, such as predictive text analytics, spatial processing, data virtualization, on the same architecture, it further simplifies application development and processing across big data sources and structures. This makes SAP HANA the most suitable platform for building and deploying next-generation, realtime applications and analytics.
SAP HANA Helps Customers:
- Find valuable and actionable information from their mass amounts of data
- Accelerate business processes with rapid analysis and reporting
- Invent new business models and processes
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with less hardware and maintenance
- With SAP In-Memory Computing, customers get groundbreaking innovations in hardware and software
What is In-Memory Computing?
In-memory computing is an innovative technology that improves business processes by combining rapid database transactions with real-time data analytics. This database system relies on main memory for data storage versus a disk storage mechanism which makes for faster access to the database and all associated information. The SAP HANA platform leverages in-memory computing to speed up data-intensive process, reduce complexity and accelerate the value delivered from IT.